You can’t beat the heat. But, you can make a G and T slushy!
This frozen gin and tonic is the ultimate in refreshment. It takes a little extra time to freeze the tonic into ice cubes, but is totally worth it! So relax, kick back and let your blender do the work.
- 1 cup tonic water
- 1½ ounces gin such as Hendrick's
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- Lime wedges
- Pour tonic water into a standard ice cube tray and freeze until solid.
- Add gin, lime juice and simple syrup to a blender.
- Add tonic ice cubes and blend until slushy. If using a high speed blender, like a Vitamix, all ice cubes can be added at once. For lower speed blenders, add the ice a little at a time.
- Pour into a chilled glass and garnish with a lime wedge.
Tip: This recipe is written to make 1 cocktail. Be sure to make extra tonic ice cubes if you plan to make more than 1 drink. Each cup of tonic water freezes to make about 2 cups tonic ice cubes.