Some people swear by the cold busting powers of a hot toddy. I’m not sure if there is anything to it, but I do find drinking a hot toddy to be soothing when I feel a cold coming on. My standby is a Honey Bourbon Hot Toddy recipe. But, this tea hot toddy recipe is a nice change. Plus, it still has honey and bourbon! Here’s how to make it.
- 1 ounce bourbon whiskey (such as Jim Beam)
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup hot brewed black tea
- Lemon wedge and/or cinnamon stick
- Add bourbon, lemon juice and honey to a heat-proof glass or mug. Add hot brewed black tea. Stir well. Garnish with a lemon wedges and cinnamon stick.
Add less honey for a more sour drink, more honey for a sweeter drink.